So, this has been getting some notice over on the work page...
I built* my own AR from the ground-up. Lower, upper, everything but the bolt carrier group was assembled from individual AR-15 molecules. Not only did it work, it worked pretty darn well if I may say so myself - this is easily a sub-MOA rifle. That I built*
*There's a debate raging over whether it should be called "building" or "assembling." There are those that feel that since all of the parts were pre-made, it's not really building but just putting together. Since I didn't mill the receiver or cut the barrel from bar-stock, it shouldn't be called "building" is the thinking from this camp.
Whatever. I took a stripped lower receiver, a stripper upper receiver and a boatload of parts and turned them into a functioning rifle. I'm pretty darn excited about it, and very pleased with how it turned out. It's quite the shooter, and I'm hoping to put a hurting on the local coyote population (and distant prairie dog population) with it in the near future.
Not bad for a first attempt, if I do say so myself...
That is all.