Coming from the Day 26 pic, where Dave made this challenge:
Tell you what. You re-do the photo with an American rifle in thirty-by-God caliber (M1 Garand would be ideal, but an M1 Carbine, a Springfield M1903, or heck, I'll even settle for an AR-10) and I'll drop at least another $50 in the kitty.We discussed in comments, and he agreed that a .30-30 lever action Marlin was acceptable, so there it is...
I tried to maintain the spirit of the original "Wolverines!" picture with an old camo jacket I had from the paintball days and my Jayne hat (Sorry folks, I don't have a coonskin cap like the original). Hope this is everything you were looking for, Dave!
We had a wild day yesterday with ups and downs (but, overall, way more ups than downs, so it's all good and then some). As of the latest KTKC fundraising update, less than $200 separates Team JayG from Team Borepatch, so this one is going down to the wire. He's got Brigid's awesome Book of Barkley as an incentive to donate to his team; however, I have this:
- A York Arms stripped lower receiver
- A High Standard Lower parts kit from Brownells
- A Magpul 30-round PMag
- AND 300 rounds of .22LR in a nice wood case.
I would, however, like to see us raise more money this year than last (bold numbers) - so let's crank up the gas for these last three days...
If this appeals to you, *and* you want to support a great cause, *AND* you want some of that sweet, sweet, tax-deductible goodness, and you want Team JayG to triumph over the upstart Team Borepatch, here's what you need to do:
- Go here: Kilted to Kick Cancer Donate.
- Click an amount, or add in a custom amount, then check the box next to "This donation is made as part of a Fundraising Team".
- You'll see "Fundraising Team:" and a drop-down box. Pull up "Team JayG".
That is all.