Ohio police say Indiana couple overdosed on heroin while with children at McDonald's play area
CINCINNATI – An Indiana couple has been jailed in Ohio on child endangering charges because police say they overdosed on heroin in a McDonald's play area.The kids were 5 and 8. I guess it could have been worse - it could have been a nursing infant. I quit smoking for my kids. I lost over 100 pounds and started exercising for my kids. These two selfish assholes couldn't stop putting poison in their veins for their kids. They couldn't even have the decency to drop dead from the OD so the kids can be taken away, given to someone more responsible--like hyenas--and have a shot at life.
Hamilton County court records show that the fire department in Green Township, just west of Cincinnati, responded to a call Sunday of two adults needing attention in the restaurant's children's play area. Authorities say one was unconscious and not breathing, and the other was conscious but unresponsive.
Look, I get addiction. I smoked for nearly 20 years. I've had the monkey on my back. It's been over 13 years since I quit, and there are *still* days when I would crawl over broken glass for another cigarette. I still have The Dream where I start smoking again and am pissed at myself because it means I'll have to quit again. But I quit, because I know it's best for me and my family. I don't want my kids seeing Daddy smoking and thinking it's okay.
But these selfish assholes have no compunction about shooting up heroin in front of their kids - die in a fire.
That is all.
Another dispatch from...
(image courtesy of Robb Allen)