- Changing the date to Saturday was a hit all around. I think going forward we'll plan it for Saturday. Not having to roll my sore body out of bed to go to work today was a major plus.
- Just a sampling of what was shot yesterday: TC Contender in .30-06. Serbu Super Shorty. AK-54. Wildley in .45 WinMag. AMT Automag in .30 Carbine. 300 BLK AR with 9" barrel. It was the Day Of The Fireball. And I LIKED IT.
- Even thought it happens every single year, I feel the need to reiterate. We had probably close to 100 guns, and several thousand rounds of ammunition at the shoot. Most of the ammo got sent downrange. There were machine guns, suppressed firearms, shotguns, suppressed machine guns, high powered rifles, small concealable handguns, openly carried firearms, concealed firearms, and even a cannon. Yet the only injuries were sore shoulders and raw thumbs from reloading magazines.
- Reactive targets still rule the roost. My club had some recent unpleasantries and has banned all reactive targets (steel, orange clays, etc.) and being able to send a plastic jug skittering across the range with 00 buckshot is one of life's little pleasures.
- In that same vein, plastic laundry detergent bottles are remarkably resilient targets. We get the mondo sized jugs from the warehouse store, and it's surprising how much abuse they can soak up. We had some that were still recognizable despite being down range all day long...
- People attended this shoot from as far away as OH, MD, and western NY. That people travel so far to spend the day with our little group of misfits and malcontents amazes me. That we have such a great time, however, does not surprise me in the least. Gunnies are good people, and our tribe is a good one.
- And, lastly, and most importantly of all... A ***HUGE*** "THANK YOU"!!! to Mr. and Mrs. Doubletrouble for opening the sooper seekrit range to us all. It's not just a fun range where we can shoot all kinds of targets; it's their home. They open it up to this motley group of heavily armed folks willingly and gladly, and I cannot thank them enough for it. I can't imagine holding the Northeast Bloggershoot anywhere else.
That is all.