- Anything folks are interested in hearing about at the convention? I've got a few things I need to check up on, and will be talking to several different vendor and companies while at the show. Aside from the obligatory "Will we ever have .22LR again?", any questions I should be asking any specific manufacturers?
- Speaking of the convention, I found this interesting from the NRA's website:
Texas generally prohibits the open carrying of firearms. During the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, conceal carry firearms are permitted in the George R. Brown Convention Center and the Hilton Americas-Houston Hotel. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.Interesting, indeed. This makes two out of four venues where concealed carry has been acceptable at an NRA convention (the other being Pittsburgh, where open carry was also acceptable).
- Thursday night we're kicking around the idea of having an informal get-together somewhere in the Galleria area. There's a bunch of folks staying in hotels in this area, and it'd be nice to gather informally for drinks and light refreshments. I'm thinking on the later side (like 9 or so) to give folks time to arrive and get situated, but we can always re-arrange.
- Events have been planned for Friday and Saturday night, and I've kinda dropped the ball on a get-together for Sunday night. We're thinking again of a more informal event for those who are going home Monday (or later); perhaps a local watering hole of interest or some similar venue. Anyone local have thoughts on where might be a good place for a rowdy group of bloggers and other internet people to gather?
- Lastly, really folks? Sabra keeps saying she thinks I should record myself in Houston traffic - is it really that bad? I'm used to driving in Boston, here - I think I'll be okay...
That is all.