- More new shooters. I don't believe I brought a single new shooter to the range in all of 2012. This is just terrible. I had a few folks contact me, and we made arrangements and such but things didn't pan out. This year, though, I'm going to crank it up a notch and make more of an effort to get more new and returning folks on the firing line.
- Get my hunting license. Yeah, I'd love to say "bag my first deer" instead, but I think that just getting the license will be a great first step. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time now, and after varmint hunting in Colorado last year, I'd like to step it up to the next level and hunt something that I will eventually consume.
- Get my MA LTC renewed. This one worries me the most. Now, I live in a damn good town, and the local licensing authority is a good, honest man who's a friend to liberty, so I'm not as concerned as I might be in another town. I still need to go through the process, though; and I'm hearing that the state-level issues can and have lead to significant waits for renewals.
- Go shooting more. My gun club took a significant hit last year. We had a round leave the rifle range and hit a neighboring house, so we're under some pretty tough scrutiny for club practices. They have closed the rifle range until the spring when significant changes will be made, and the pistol range now requires a Range Safety Officer, so hours are limited. However, the indoor range is still open, so I need to make better use of that and my extensive .22LR collection.
- Attend more blogshoots. The problem with this one is that it requires both time and money, two items in short supply. I'm hoping to hit at least something in the mid-Atlantic region in addition to the Northeast Bloggershoot, and hope/expect to head back to Colorado in the fall.
- Do more for 2A rights. I will continue to highlight especially stupid gun laws, anti-gun idiocy, and MA-centric dumbassery. I will try to stay on top of the new legislation coming down the pike. I will contact my representatives, despite my feeling that it's p**sing into the wind. I will also strive to act as an ambassador for the pro-2A side in all ways possible.
So, what are your gunnie New Year's resolutions?
That is all.