Can you write a post (soon) on stocking stuffers for gunnies? Particularly items in the $5-15 dollar range?
This is an excellent idea - there's all kinds of small but thoughtful gifts in this price range for the gun nut in your life. In no particular order (except for how they popped into my brain), here are some ideas for a gunnie under $20.
- Targets - who couldn't use another package of B-34s or color-changing targets?
- A box of ammo - you can still get a brick of .22LR for under $20, and everyone can use that!
- A box of disposable ear plugs - I keep several boxes of disposable plugs in my range bag, in my truck, and in my target box. You never know when someone is going to need hearing protection at the last minute, and better to have disposable foam plugs than have to go home.
- Boresnakes - they are a real timesaver, and I'd wager that 99% of the gunnies on your list would love to have another caliber, or even a new snake...
- Ammo boxes - particularly for the reloader in your life.
- Two words: LED flashlight. I've got a Microstream by Streamlight that I got off Amazon for something like $16.50. It's small, fits easily in a pocket, and throws a heckuva amount of light on a single AAA batter.
- Clear plastic boxes - not intuitive at first, but I've got a bunch of clear plastic storage boxes I use for my various gunnie things - one for targets, one for cleaning supplies, one for reloading components, etc.
- Magazines - while $20 might not buy a Wilson Combat magazine, it'll get a decent Chip McCormack. Or another magazine for their favorite .22LR autoplinker.
- A small bottle of the latest wizbang grease/oil/cleaner/etc. that everyone's been raving about. They might not go out and buy it for themselves, but if they get it as a gift? Why not?
- Tools - brass punches, allen wrenches, hex wrenches; there's a lot of specialized tools that they might not have that could really come in handy.
- Another pocketknife - there's plenty of neat Gerbers and Kershaws in this price range, and who couldn't use another decent knife that they wouldn't mind losing in a pinch?
- Cleaning brushes/jags - I picked up a set of brass jags at MidwayUSA a few years back that I honestly can't see how I lived without. Having the right tools makes a hard job just a little bit easier.
So, what would you like to get - or give - as a gunnie stocking stuffer?
That is all.