A bunch of us have gone in together on the raffle in that it will be centrally planned - please send an e-mail with a copy of the receipt to Jennifer (email@example.com) with a note as to which raffle you'd like your donation to go towards. All of the following are part of this raffle, which will see the winners picked on Thanksgiving (kinda fitting, no?):
- Rimfire Designs has 1911 and Hi-Power grips in their raffle to help raise money for Tam. ($5 donation)
- OldNFO is parting with one of his beloved Colts to help Tam out ($25 donation) and Michael will make a custom holster for it. Additionally, Stingray is tossing in his $200 Brownells gift certificate from KTKC into that raffle, and Joe Speer (of handgonne fame) is tossing in a handgonne as well. The first name pulled for NFO's raffle gets the Colt, then the handgonne, then the Brownell's certificate. The Fabulous Phlegmmy has offered a custom necklace to go along with this raffle.
- Carteach0 is offering up an ISSC M-22 pistol ($25 donation)
- John has a Ruger P94 in "10mm short" (heh) ($25 donation)
- Dennis from Dragon Leatherworks is also running a raffle to raise money for Tam ($5.56 donation - heh)
- Zercool is raffling off your choice of one of two Talon holsters. ($5 donation)
Angus McThag is giving away a lower. He's doing an auction-style, with bidding starting at $100, so this is a little on the different side.
The_Jack is offering a raffle for another handgonne for a $15 donation.
Again, if you've got something you're raffling, please let me know. You don't have to go in with us in the big consortium above (although with Jennifer doing the coordination, you'd be a fool not to!) - the goal is to raise as much money as we possibly can; no competition.
And in that vein, I've got a few items I'm offering up as well:
- First off, Doubletrouble has asked me to include his offering with mine. He's giving up a gorgeous M4 bayonet reproduction:
(I may have to bid on my own prize package for this...)
- My #1 blogdaughter will make another Jayne hat. No choice, this one's wool, but she will knit-to-size.
- A $100 gift certificate to Alt.kilt (expires the end of the year, so use it quick!)
- A $250 gift certificate to Black Hills Ammunition
- A Tapco forend grip and short forend grip
- A York Arms AR-15 lower with custom caliber/SAFE/FIRE markings.
Look at all the cool stuff folks have donated - three handguns, two AR lowers, a bunch of gift certificates, a bayonet, holsters, hats, grips, a handgonne... This is how it's supposed to work, folks. When one of our tribe is in need, we band together to help. It's what we do.
So, basically, it boils down to this: If any of this stuff interests you, or you just want to help Tam out, toss in the appropriate donation and send a copy of the receipt to Jennifer with a comment as to which fundraiser you want the money applied towards. Obviously, multiple donations/entries/etc. are encouraged, and if you wanted a chance at all three pistols, one $75 donation could be made, or any combination thereof, of course.
Thanks to everyone that donated goods and/services, and thanks to everyone putting in!
That is all.