- Rimfire Designs was running a raffle to help raise money for Tam.
- OldNFO is parting with one of his beloved Colts to help Tam out - sadly, my idiotic state laws prevent me from owning it should I win, but don't let that stop the rest of you.
- Stingray is tossing in his $200 Brownells gift certificate from KTKC into that raffle, and Joe Speer (of handgonne fame) is tossing in a handgonne as well.
- Angus McThag is giving away a lower.
- And now, Dennis from Dragon Leatherworks is also running a raffle to raise money for Tam:
In this season where the weather turns cold, bills get a bit higher, and money gets a bit tighter, it would be nice to help out a fellow human being that could use a little bit of a leg up.Dennis made me a Viper for my S&W M&P for my trip to Colorado. He pulled it together over a weekend; it came out positively stunning, and the one he's offering for the raffle has even more bells and whistles. Folks, the winner of this raffle is getting one hell of a nice holster.
So click here and go on over to her site, hit up her tipjar for $5.56. When you make the donation, you’ll get an e-mail confirmation. Forward that e-mail confirmation of payment over to email@example.com with “DONATION TO TAM” in the subject line, and I’ll I’ll put your name in a hat and draw it on Sunday, Dec. 02, 2012.
If you are the lucky name picked, I’ll make you the holster to be delivered by X-Mas. A list of guns that I can fit the Viper for is on the right sidebar on this webpage.
I've got a bunch of things kicking around Casa Del G. that I'll be offering up as well - and a few surprise items coming from other folks who have asked me to coordinate a raffle (since I happen to have a little experience with that sort of thing after Kilted to Kick Cancer...). I'll pull everything together and then a complete post up with everything shortly, and we'll add this fundraiser to the ever-growing list of ways folks are trying to help one of our own who could use a little...
On a side note, I am positively stunned - but not surprised - by the outpouring of kind words, good thoughts, prayers, and offers for help. Tam's one of the good ones, and we all want to help her out - but we do this for all the members of our tribe what might need a little something here and there. I am stunned by how much money we raised to kick cancer's ass - and we're going to raise some more again to kick cancer's ass another time, this time for Tamara. Someone let me know when the Brady Bunch holds a fundraiser for any reason other than their own salaries.
I love my tribe, I really do - and we want to help one of us who needs it.
That is all.