Okay, I finally got around to picking the winners of the six fabulous prizes in my Kilted to Kick Cancer fundraising effort. It was difficult - I had nearly 130 unique donors, many of which spread their tickets out over multiple prizes. I had originally intended to print out everyone's name and put each slip into a hat; the size and complexity of the drawings made that a moot point.
Instead, I went prize-by-prize and assigned every donor a unique number totaling up to the total number of "tickets" for that prize. If you donated $10 and had one ticket, you got number 1. If you donated $50 and put in 5 tickets, you got 2 through 7, etc. I then fed the total number of tickets into the random number generator at Random.org and matched the number they came up with to the donor holding that number.
In order, here are the winners:
1. The custom bowie knife from Michael W.: TheAxe.
2. The handmade Jayne hat courtesy of Nancy R.: Lupis42.
3. The one-of-a-kind custom MHI-themed sporran courtesy of Dragon Leatherworks: Tim R.
4. The York Arms AR-15 lower: Glenn B.
5. The much-coveted MHI Mega package including red-shirting from Larry Correia: Jumblerant.
6. The custom 1911 grips courtesy of Rimfire Designs: Skidmark.
(all winners were contacted last night; this is the "official" notice so folks will know who to envy...)
Thanks again to everyone who donated and to the generous folks above who offered their time and energy in the form of prizes. Through MArooned you donated over $6,500 to cancer research - not too bad for a shaved head biker lookin' dude in a skirt. I very nearly tripled what I donated last year, and I hope to have a similar increase next year (I'd love to see over $10K next year) - but I'm going to have to work pretty darn hard to top the six awesome prizes I had available as incentives this year.
Once more, with feeling, to everyone: THANK YOU!
That is all.