WARE (CBS) – This year’s fireworks show in Ware on June 30th was a crowd-pleaser. But it has been a disaster ever since.
In the days since the display at Grenville Park, people have found at least eight unexploded fireworks shells on the ground. Two of them went off after a park worker drove a lawnmower over them.Now, I find this on the questionable side (to Mythbusters!). I was unaware that shock could set off modern pyrotechnics - I thought that either flame or electrical charge were needed. It's possible, I suppose; I just wonder if this was more of a "hey, y'all hold mah beer and watch this s**t" moment.
Apparently the company that puts on pyrotechnics displays got a bad batch of fireworks from China (je suis shocked!) and has gotten itself in a world of hurt ever since. Communities all over Massachusetts are reporting unexploded fireworks being discovered, all pointing back to this one company.
Here's hoping that next year they leave the fireworks to the true professionals - the rednecks...
That is all.