100 things I've done - items I have done are in bold.
1. Started your own blog. (uh, yeah. Took me four years to work up the courage to strike out on my own from Toys in the Attic, but I finally did it).
2. Slept under the stars. Yep. With the Scouts, with the family, with my friends, even alone.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii. Interesting note about Jay G.: I've never been more than one time zone in either direction...
5. Watched a meteor shower. The Perseids last year was the last one.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Often.
7. Been to Disneyland. (See note to #4).
8. Climbed a mountain. (Mt. Washington. In my car. I'm lazy...)
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped. Not. On. A. Bet.
12. Visited Paris. (See note to #4).
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (Something tells me that lighting my farts on fire is not an art. Although, if Karen Finley can be considered an artist shooting ping pong balls out of her dooney...)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (So often you won't even notice)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Helped my grandparents with their garden for many years.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (See note to #4).
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight. (Hell, 2-3 days a week it's how I wake The Boy for school...)
22. Hitch hiked. (I've picked up a few hitchhikers, but never done it myself).
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Sick time and personal time are one and the same...)
24. Built a snow fort. (one of the advantages to living in New England).
25. Held a lamb. (Unless you add "chop" to the end, then yes).
26. Gone skinny dipping. (Although at the time it couldn't truthfully be called skinny dipping...)
27. Run a Marathon. (I've done the 20 mile Walk for Hunger in Boston many times though).
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. (#4)
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. I've watched the sun rise out of the Atlantic Ocean on more than a couple occasions...
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. (Yep. Went to Cozumel from Tampa with commenter sci-fi and his girlfriend - who became Mrs. sci-fi - commenter B.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Twice.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (#4, but visiting my cousins in Italy is on my "bucket list")
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. (Does Klingon count?).
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (Until I have enough money to stay home with my kids 24/7, then there isn't enough).
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. (#4)
39. Gone rock climbing. (If you count a rock wall)
40. Seen Michelangelo's David.
41. Sung karaoke. (Ray Charles' "What'd I Say". From what I hear - I don't remember, ahem - I did a fair job...)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Ah, yes. It's even better than it sounds, especially when you've got a willing partner, a deserted section of beach, and a couple of blankets to keep the sand out...
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (Getting rear-ended at 60 MPH will do that).
47. Had your portrait painted. By my grandmother.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. I have kids. 'Nuff said?
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. (Had my own painting company for a while after college).
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching. Brought the kids. Neither got seasick. Yay!
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. (As often as I can).
65. Gone sky diving. (See bungee jumping,)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Legos and Matchbox cars, which my son now plays with.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. (I was laid off, but never fired).
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. (Tomb of the Unknown, yes).
77. Broken a bone. (Remind me to post a picture of my right pinkie sometime...)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (Oddly enough, the fastest I have ever gone on a motorcycle that I was driving is about 80. There's a reason I ride an Electra Glide and not a Ducati Monster...)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book. (Does a Master's Thesis count? I've also got at least two or three books rattling around in my head)
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. (I haven't bought a used car in over 10 years).
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House. Did the tour in the first Reagan administration...
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Flounder counts.
88. Had chickenpox. Twice, actually.
89. Saved someone’s life. (Talked two friends out of suicide)
90. Sat on a jury. I didn't have to go to trial, but I was chosen.
91. Met someone famous. Terry O'Reilly from the Bruins.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one. My namesake. :(
94. Had a baby. Two actually. Both ways, even - one natural, one C-section.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. The Alamo is the most surreal experience. You expect it to be this lone building out on the plains. Instead, it's tucked in between two skyscrapers like something out of a Tex Avery cartoon.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. Car accident before my wedding. Since it put me a good six months off finishing my Master's and all...
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. I did landscaping for several years. Wasps, hornets, bees; I've been stung by pretty much every stinging insect in North America...
100. Read an entire book in one day. So often I've lost count. I get involved...
I'm not going to tag anyone, but if anyone else wants to play along, let me know!
That is all.