1. Beretta 92FS
Pros of the Beretta include:
- Cheaper by $100
- Pre-ban magazines are plentiful
- Fan-boy '80s action movie geek appeal (C'mon. Both Martin Riggs and John McClane carried Beretta 92FSs!)
- Civilian version of the M9 in current use by our armed forces (i.e., will be able to get parts forever).
Cons of the Beretta include:
- Larger grip size - one of the reasons for getting a steel-framed, full-sized 9mm is to have a centerfire pistol I can hand to new/returning shooters. Might be too much for folks with smallish hands
- Beretta seems to have washed its hands of MA - the 90-two is not MA compliant, and it does not appear that Beretta will be jumping through those hoops again. Might make it difficult to get any repair/upgrades done.
- Only two high-cap magazines with this Beretta. Local gun shop offers pre-bans at $30/each.
2. SigSauer P226:
Pros of the Sig 226:
- Comes with night sights (I have specific guns chosen)
- Comes with four pre-ban high caps
- Sig reliability
- SigSauer USA located approximately 35 minutes from my house.
Cons of the Sig 226:
- $100 more
- Not as ubiquitous in gunnie lore
So... What's the opinion of the gun collective? Which of these two fine 9mm pistols would you choose, and why or why not?
That is all.